Sunday, January 28, 2007

Flowers

A totally overcast and drizzly day at Heart Creek, about two decades ago. Kneeling down in the mud, I leaned over, my wide-brimmed hat sheltering the camera, and I held my breath. I've been back many times but the lilies are gone.




A blustery morning, on the bluff over the ravine at Strathcona Tweedsmuir School. Individual flowers of Wild Blue Flax open for only one day. Waiting for the right moment between puffs of wind seemed like an eternity.












Tulips in Holland. Karen and I spent an enjoyable day at Keukenhof Gardens. Windmills and more varieties of tulip than I ever knew existed.






Goatsbeard in the Purcell Range.
Vancouver Tulips, on the street, the spring Dad died. The cherry blossoms covered the sidewalks. A Samurai sendoff for a guy's guy.

No comments: